Office 2007

vodkagal3 22:46 13 Feb 09

In 'message options' you can choose the option

"request a read receipt for this message" (only for the message you work
on )

Is it possible to choose this option as default for all the messages ?

Forum Editor 23:13 13 Feb 09

and to be honest I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. I never allow Outlook to send a read receipt if requested, and I know that lots of other people feel the same way. I certainly never ask for one when I send emails - I don't see the point.

mgmcc 12:26 14 Feb 09

Am I missing something?

Go to "Tools > Options", select the Preferences tab, click the Email Options button then, in the next box that opens, click the "Tracking Options" button. There are then options to select:

For all messages I send request
[ ] Read Receipt
[ ] Delivery Receipt

Surely that's what "vodkagal3" is looking for?

vodkagal3 12:41 14 Feb 09

Thank you so much FE that was exactly what I was looking to do, being a business account it is often very useful to know that my customer has received my email......mgmcc I found your reply very offensive it was only a question and did not need such a terse reply!!!

Once again thanks FE

mgmcc 13:01 14 Feb 09

>>> mgmcc I found your reply very offensive it was only a question and did not need such a terse reply!!!

It certainly wasn't intended to be in the least offensive. As I understood it, FE had indicated that it wasn't possible to do what you wanted. I was sure that it was possible and gave you instructions on how to configure it. How could that possibly have caused you offence?

KremmenUK 14:33 14 Feb 09

I have it set to default 'read receipt' at work.

The only snag is that you can also set a global 'don't reply to read requests' as well which I find most people have set :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5