Office 2007

Slithe 13:17 06 Feb 07

Wonder if you can clarify something for me. One of the new features of Word, is going to make writing a large comparative project much easier. At present, I am running Office XP Pro.

I am looking at buying Office 2007 Student and Home edition, which only contains Word, Excel and Power Point. I occasionally use Access and Front page, as well as Outlook at times. Would upgrading to 2007 still allow those to run - i.e. have some applications as 2007 and some as XP?

What are the licensing rules for Office now? Would I be able to put the same copy on my PC and Laptop.

Thanks

Slithe 14:38 06 Feb 07

Anyone?

yaesu 14:45 06 Feb 07

Hi, Office 2007 beta (now stopped working, of course) and 2003 worked together for me. Not sure about the liscence but think it's one purchase one machine. Regarsds, yaesu

Slithe 14:53 06 Feb 07

Thanks. Have done a bit of searching around the Office Web-Site, not easy to find...

Apparently, Home and Student EULA allows for the software to be installed on up to 3 machines. In one article it said that Outlook 2003 would still run if you upgraded to the 2007 Home version. Nothing about other applications though.

Slithe 17:22 06 Feb 07

Have sorted the EULA stuff now. Anyone any wiser about the other Office XP applications not included in the 2007 Home & Student version?

Jake_027 17:40 06 Feb 07

I think it should work OK, providing when you install you change the default location from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office to something like C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 2007, otherwise it will overwrite your XP installation. You might have to manually create Office XP Shortcuts in the Start Menu too, but other than that it should be ok i think.

Jake

Slithe 17:48 06 Feb 07

Thanks for that. I thought it would be something like that. Can't afford to lose those other programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…