Office 2003/Outlook Express/Newgroups

deltafore 22:00 15 Feb 04

I Have Upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003
I was Running Outlook Ex 5+,in the old 2000 ver.In The new ver I Could not find the newgroup icom so i asked the "help file" it told me to look in the customize Box clik on go and in the side box locate "NEWS" highlite and drag and drop it somewere ?, there is no word (news) to be found ANY ONE KNOW WHERE IT IS ???????? so i can get back to my newgroups

VoG II 22:35 15 Feb 04

Start the newsgroup reader

The first time you use the newsreader, you must add the News command to the Go menu.

Add the News command to the Go menu.
How?

On the Standard toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click Customize on the Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.), click the Toolbar Options arrow .
Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then click Customize.

Click the Commands tab.

In the Categories list, click Go.

In the Commands list, click News, and drag it, without releasing the mouse, until it rests over the Go menu. When the menu displays a list of commands, point to where you want the command to appear, and then release the mouse.

Click the Go menu, and then click News.

deltafore 23:07 15 Feb 04

Thanks VaG But The word "NEWS" isnt Visable???
there, any more sugestions please

VoG II 23:12 15 Feb 04

Tools/customize Go on the Commands tabs, scroll down to News.

doorman 23:33 15 Feb 04

There is no 'news' on my version of Outlook 2003 either, I just use Outlook Express when using newsgroups.

VoG II 23:40 15 Feb 04

That's where Outlook takes you, once you have set-up the command.

doorman 23:53 15 Feb 04

Impossible to set up command in 'go' menu, 'News' is not in the commands list (or any other) so cannot drag it to the go menu. I have searched several times since purchasing this version last December but 'News' is just not listed anywhere.

No Ideas 08:48 16 Feb 04

I have Office XP (2002). I have no "GO" in the categories listed under commands on the customise toolbar option.

However .. if I look under the View category, News appears in there. Does this help?

doorman 16:23 16 Feb 04

Very Odd !

I checked my laptop this morning and there was 'News' just as VoG suggests above. I dragged News to the Go menu and dropped it between Calendar and contacts, I then clicked on it and 'Outlook News' opened with a box stating that Outlook news was not my default news handler, click yes to make it the default. I clicked yes and was able to visit groups I had already signed up to previously in Outlook Express.

BUT

On arriving home some time ago I booted up the laptop, opened Outlook and 'News' has vanished from the 'Go' menu, AND it is no longer available in the commands list, It's Gone !

deltafore 19:36 16 Feb 04

Thanks Guys For All Your Help And Support
Job Sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…