Office 2003 USB USB Storage Issues

Quantum_flux 17:07 30 Apr 07

Ok I’ve been using Office 2003 for ages, I use Vista Ultimate 64 bit and have been running the two together since release. Now since I reinstalled it on my new hard disk (both vista and office) I have been having issues with saving things that I am editing on my USB memory drive. I go to save and the system waits a while and says:

"Check the drive to make sure the door is closed and it contains the correct disk or CD" (It’s clearly connecting and working since I can access things off it).

Pressing ok I get:

"Word failed reading from this file (~WRL0009). Please restore the network connection or replace the floppy disk and retry." (Getting closer, almost a removable storage device). Pressing retry does nothing but loop through the last message.

Pressing cancel you get:

"Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error. (File Location) "

Pressing Ok again:

"Word had lost data due to a bad network connection or missing floppy. Documents relying on this data are going to be saved and then closed."

Pressing ok crashes word and my file disappears entirely. Personally I have never come up against an issue like this. I've put the latest updates on, reinstalled it to try and ran several virus scans to try and solve the problem but the same thing keeps happening. If anything it seems to be getting worse, since I could previously save and it’s slowly got to the point where everything crashes when trying to save to the memory drive.

I would appreciate any help because I simply don't have a clue what could do that.

Martin

P.S. Sorry is so long :P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos