//some 3rd party need geo

Office 2003 update failure

Taw® 15:11 29 Dec 05

I have just tried to update the above resulting in an installation failure. The two updates are KB907417 and KB905648 I ahve always kept office up to date and never encountered a problem before. Event viewer shows the following

Failure audit
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( OfficeUpdateV3 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: V3_2|513026|INSTALL|OTKLOADR_6572_INTL||2005-12-29 15:00:20|9|FAIL|00000000|The operation completed successfully.|.

and error

Product: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - Update 'Update for Outlook 2003: Junk E-mail Filter (KB905648): OUTLFLTR' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:\DOCUME~1\Dad\LOCALS~1\Temp\OfficeUpdate\OU(00005)_Msi.log.

System XP Pro 512 Ram nothing other than a graphics card changed since I last updated. Run Sygate personal and tried to update with it off.

Taw® 15:50 29 Dec 05

bump (fast today)

Pamy 15:56 29 Dec 05

try downloding one at a time, I have had this problem when downloading more than one.

Pamy

Taw® 16:02 29 Dec 05

Thanks Pamy have tried that to no avail, what I will try is to leave it for a day or so and try again.

handy4x 17:14 29 Dec 05

if i remember corectly you can download with the option that you do not have the original disc and the update usualy works

Taw® 17:46 29 Dec 05

Now when I go to the update sites it shows the files as already downloaded and meaning they just have to istall, it seems the problem is instaling them. If I select the option for the larger download as suggested by handy4x it again shows them downloaded but they wont install.

VoG II 18:06 29 Dec 05

Check your version of Otkloadr.dll - see click here

Taw® 18:24 29 Dec 05

Followed the link on the unsuccessful install page to a KB may have been a registry value removed by a reg cleaner. I use 6 regscrub, regcleaner and regseeker, I used the earliest backup from each and attempted tohe download again. no success. I then completed a detect and repair to office tried the download and both successful. Many thanks for all your input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…