Office 2003 trial removal

Phil-394173 17:54 14 Dec 05

Hello - new here.
I have a problem that i thought was solved - now it's re-appeared
My Mum had a 30 day trial version of MS Office 2003 which has long since expired.
She replaced this with MS Works 2000 and everything worked without issue.
Now Office03 has decided to hijack all her documents and insist she upgrades to the full version - all her documents are now "locked" until she does this.
The MS Office 03 trial does not appear in the "Add/Remove Programs" list and it will not let me manually delete the MS Office 03 folder from the HD
Ideally I'd like to get rid of 03 - but just using Word 2000 as the default Word processor would be good .... please help.

Phil

csqwared 18:41 14 Dec 05

Just a thought Phil, it may not appear in Add/Remove because the expiry date is long past. Could it be worth re-installing the trial version, assuming you still have it, and then removing it? You never know.....

cc

brambles 21:19 14 Dec 05

1369phil I'm not 100% certain it depends what you purchased.

It sounds like you purchased a Computer with Microsoft Works Suite (this includes Microsoft Word 2000) already installed - if so you are fully entitled to use this even if the temporary trial of MS Office 2003 is causing some problems.

If your Mum has created some MS Office 2003 documents and it has expired - you haven't lost the files you just haven' got an application to open them. I suggest you telephone Microsoft I'm sure they'll help you. At this web site you can download reders for Word Excel 2003 so you can read but not edit the files you have created.
click here

Hope this is of some help!

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…