Office 2003 "preparing to install" constantly

JPJOF 17:13 24 Sep 06

Hi,
Recently installed Office 2003 on XP SP2. I have two user accounts, an administrator account and a limited account for daily use. It works fine on the admin account but on the limited account "preparing to install" always appears for each Office application before the application launches. I've promoted the account, and it works, and when I demote it again, the problem recurs. Some people with writing to the registry perhaps but I can't fix it?

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired etc. It's fully updated and patched. I even created a new limited account after installing Office and it happens there too.
thanks
JP

GaT7 20:05 24 Sep 06

Empty all temp folders, perhaps? Don't forget the one in C:\Windows\temp. G

JPJOF 20:28 24 Sep 06

Hi, have tried that but no luck. Thanks
JP

VoG II 20:30 24 Sep 06

You could try click here which is not for the faint of heart then when reinstalling take the option to install absolutely everything.

JPJOF 20:34 24 Sep 06

Thanks, have installed this, but what do I do? Uninstall Office and then reinstall it from scratch?
many thanks
JP

JPJOF 20:34 24 Sep 06

Thanks, have installed this, but what do I do? Uninstall Office and then reinstall it from scratch?
many thanks
JP

VoG II 20:36 24 Sep 06

It will prompt you to remove programs. Choose Office. It doesn't actually remove anything but clears the registry entries.

JPJOF 21:04 24 Sep 06

Thanks but unfortunately it has made no difference.

User-312386 23:13 24 Sep 06

i had this problem after installing Americas Army on my PC

I had to do a repair of said programme.

Have you installed a game recently or software?

JPJOF 23:27 24 Sep 06

Hi,
no, haven't installed anything. Office is the most recent thing I have installed. I can leave the account as an admin account but that isn't very satisfactory. I've come across others complaining of it online, but with no solutions.

Forum Editor 01:10 25 Sep 06

on several occasions and in several different locations, and to date I haven't found a solution, other than the obvious one you've already mentioned.

If it's any consolation it doesn't happen with office 2007.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced