Office 2003 and Office 2000 service packs

SheilaB 13:53 14 Mar 04

I'm confused - I'm running Office 2003 as an upgarde from Office 2000 - I keep getting recommendations for upgrades to Office 2000 (e.g Service Packs) - difficult to know whether the upgrades are relevant.....

Sheila B

VoG II 13:57 14 Mar 04

I have Office 2003 Standard (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) - upgraded from Office XP (2002). However, I also have Frontpage 2002 and Publisher 2002. Office Update therefore offers me service packs and updates for Offixe XP. When it installs, it only updates the components for Frontpage and Publisher - I know because it asks for the relevant CDs.

Maybe something similar applies to you?

CDL 14:15 14 Mar 04

For your interest/comments.Further to my posting @12.37 :
"I am having difficulty applying the security update -kb828041 as downloaded from the MS site. Neither will the Office Update apply the patch. Can I download the 'fullfile'from anywhere ?

I think that I am having problems applying this patch because I have Publisher and Frontpage (both XP2002) installed as well?? Following the initial upgrade (from Office XP to Office 2003)earlier in the year, I checked for updates. There were a few,which I am pleased to say,installed without a problem. However as I say in my posting I am unable to successfully install the latest patch. I don't even get asked for my CD - just get an error message to say "update unsuccessful".
Any suggestions.
Have you been able to install kb828041 ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…