Office 2003 - install problem

ianeon 19:50 28 Jul 04

After a very bad day I am trying to reinstall Office 2003. But all I get at the beginning of the install is the following message "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package" - I don't know what this means and I don't know what to do !!! I have downloaded "Windows Installer Cleanup" But not used it, cos I don't know what to do !! Can someone help please - Thank you - Ian

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:04 28 Jul 04

Old registry entries. You need an office here

ianeon 20:24 28 Jul 04

Thank you - But what do I do ? - Which programme do I get rid of? -I apologise for my ignorance - Ian

TommyRed 20:40 28 Jul 04

I would think you download and run mscicuu2.exe but read up on the other links first so you know what you are doing. HTH TR

woodchip 20:46 28 Jul 04

First remove Microsoft Office from Add Remove in Control Panel. THEN

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Microsoft Office click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Microsoft Office in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Microsoft Office and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Microsoft Office then reboot your computer.

Copy and print the above so you can follow it

ianeon 20:56 28 Jul 04

Thank you for the detailed advice - it worked - I am now a happy bear

woodchip 20:59 28 Jul 04

You can use that with anything you want to Remove. Copy and save the above and just change the Name of the program next time you need it

TommyRed 22:18 28 Jul 04

If you copy and paste woodchip's instructions into Word or Wordpad, then each time you need it go to edit>replace and change the old word for the new word and click 'replace all'. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…