Office 2003 Beta question

STEVE71163 11:00 06 Jun 03

I have just ordered Office 2003 beta from the microsoft site which their was no charge. It does say - Customs Note: Orders outside the US may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country/region. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country/region to country/region; you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, when ordering from this site, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country/region in which you are receiving the goods.

Has anyone recieved one of these yet and what were you charged?

-pops- 11:17 06 Jun 03

When I was beta testing Windows XP, the disk came from Ireland even though it was ostensibly ordered from the USA.

Mountains and molehills come to mind - don't worry about it.

Brian

STEVE71163 11:24 06 Jun 03

Thanks -pops-. Are these beta discs time limited and then they wont work?

-pops- 11:29 06 Jun 03

XP was time limited to a future date just before the full product was launched, I got just over six months use from it. You could uninstall/reinstall as many times you wanted - there was no activation (as it is now known) but you were required to register your interest and expected (but not obliged) to comment on the product.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…