office 2000 word

Newusered 11:43 21 Apr 03

how can i get address book to use home field rather than business toget address.
ed

short-circuit 22:04 21 Apr 03

Please could you be a bit more specific about what you are wanting to do. If this is for a mail merge, you can do it through Tools, Mail Merge, Get Data and use the address book.
Hope this is helpful

Scott.

Newusered 15:00 22 Apr 03

when addressing envelopes the address book only uses the address in business not the address inhome tab.
ed

BRYNIT 19:03 22 Apr 03

In Office Xp when entering the address under business or home I have to tick a box (this is the mailing address) for it to show. I am not sure if it is the same with Office 2000

BRYNIT 19:12 22 Apr 03

Should have put, when entering addresses in outlook the box (this is the mailing address) should be ticked this will show the address from the address book that have been ticked.

No Ideas 20:13 22 Apr 03

Using Office XP, so this might not be an option in 2000 (sorry!), but when I click the address icon in Word, it displays all the names in my Outlook Contacts folder. In the top right hand corner of the dialog box, it asks if I want to insert the "Mailing", "Home" or "Business" address.

If you click on a name from the drop down box, it inserts whichever address for that Contact you last inserted, without offering a choice.

Try clicking the icon rather than a name from the drop down box. Also, are you using Outlook Contacts or Outlook Address Book - latter might not have same functionality as Contacts.

Try this site for some useful work-arounds

click here

DieSse 22:52 22 Apr 03

I beleive what you have to do is - In the contacts list - open the contact - select the address you want - home or business - look at the bottom (underneath the address) for the check box "Use this for the mailing address" and check it for the one you want to use.

I tried a quick test and it worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…