bpzoom 21:03 06 Sep 03

I had to replace my disk drive, and reinstalled my WIN XP HOME on the new drive. Office 2000 re-installation fails with ERROR 1933. I carried out the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Based Article 324500 i.e. I have copied the two files specified, but it made no difference, the installation fails with the same message. "The Windows installer service cannot update one or more protected Windows files". Any ideas how I can re-install Office 2000 please? As a last resort, does anyone know if my Office 2000 files can be read by Office 97 of which I have a copy? Thanks.

Falkyrn 22:40 06 Sep 03

From Microsoft

Method 1
Click Start.
Click Run.
In the Run box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
Click to clear all the check boxes that appear.
Click the Services tab.
Click to select the Windows Installer check box, and then click OK.
Restart the computer, and then install Office.

Method 2
Reinstall Windows XP Home Edition. To do this, run the OEM recovery disk provided with your computer.

click here;EN-US;314812

knowledge base 314812

bpzoom 23:35 06 Sep 03

Falkyrn, Thanks a million, brilliant ! Office 2000 is back in using your first option. A highpoint in a very low two days since my hard drive went caput. Thanks again, Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…