Office 2000 and Vista

crgb 13:46 02 Oct 07

I have a new laptop running Vista and a disk for Office 2000. Is it worth installing this version of Office? What about all the Office updates that have happened in between?

FreeCell 14:13 02 Oct 07

It's problematic but I have seen posts on other forums where users have got it working. Problems with address books etc. Worth a try to save you cost of Office 2007 if it's your own money!

Look at click here

As Outlook 2000 is no longer supported by MS then updates have never been written for Vista and I suspect though some will be okay, others may fail.

rawprawn 17:36 02 Oct 07

It wouldn't install on my machine and I had to buy Office 2997, however I have seen people who did successfully install it on this forum. You have nothing to lose by trying.The updates is another problem.

rawprawn 17:37 02 Oct 07

Sorry 2007, doh!

FreeCell 12:45 08 Oct 07

crgb

Can now report after retrying I have successfully (I think after initial checks) Office 2000, including Outlook 2000, on Vista.

There are a couple of changes to copy .dlls required and I needed some registry change to get Outlook to run but now seems okay.

See click here for a bit more detail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…