office 2000 upgrade

KrisBall 16:37 12 Jul 06

I have office 2000I have recently been prompted to update, however, when I have tried, I am told it is no longer supported.
I have looked at perhaps purchasing office 2003, hoever, as a pensioner, it is way, way out of my reach. Any ideas??
O/S windows XP home SP2

Harpur 16:45 12 Jul 06

why not look for the free office software available. it may not be microsoft but most have compatibility
click here

stylehurst 17:07 12 Jul 06

I am running Microsoft Office 2000 and find that it updates correctly, in fact, I have updated this afternoon.
Are you using the Microsoft Office 2000 update site?
click here

pj123 17:08 12 Jul 06

I have Office 2000. It does everything I want it to do. The old saying: "If it aint broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.

ade.h 18:04 12 Jul 06

Stick with Office 2K. As a user of Office 2K Premium, Open Office and Ability Office, I can confirm that even a 6+ year old MS product trounces the rest of them.

RE updates. I do sometimes have trouble with the update system, specifically their failure to install.

ade.h 18:05 12 Jul 06

Wanted to add: only a problem when re-installing, as there hasn't been very much for 2K for quite a long time. Where full versions are available, I download them and keep them on CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5