Office 2000 update using 2003 disk?

Esso43 11:34 02 Jun 05

I have a friend who has a legal copy of office 2000 on his laptop but cannot find the original disk, is it possible to use a 2003 disk I have, to install the Powerpoint element for organisational charts?

Yoda Knight 11:43 02 Jun 05

probably not due to the OEM numbers being different, but by all means give it a try and let us know if it does/doesnt.

I would be very surprised if it does though....

Esso43 11:50 02 Jun 05

They are both Retail versions (I think) but will wait for hi to search some where else for the disks before trying.

Thanks for the rapid response.

TomJerry 12:17 02 Jun 05

Esso43 12:32 02 Jun 05

Ok Spoke to Microsoft, they would normally send out replacement disks, as the product is a fully licensed and box/retail set.

However, it is now obsolete so they don't have any!

Microsoft solution is to borrow the disks from some one else which would be ok as we already have a license. if you can find some one with them.

There you go then the 2003 disks will not work (in theory), but as a good license paid copy we can use somebody elses disk to resolve teh problem.

My advice to my freind is to get 2003!

Esso43 12:32 02 Jun 05

Ok Spoke to Microsoft, they would normally send out replacement disks, as the product is a fully licensed and box/retail set.

However, it is now obsolete so they don't have any!

Microsoft solution is to borrow the disks from some one else which would be ok as we already have a license. if you can find some one with them.

There you go then the 2003 disks will not work (in theory), but as a good license paid copy we can use somebody elses disk to resolve teh problem.

My advice to my freind is to get 2003!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…