Office 2000 Service Release 1a

Mitul123 17:53 18 Nov 05

i have got Office 2000 but dont no what pack??
i have been on the microsoft office update site and it tells me to downoad Office 2000 Service Release 1a (English version). should i download it?

VoG II 18:00 18 Nov 05

In Word, Help|About Microsoft Word will tell you what Service Pack (if any) you have.

Mitul123 18:05 18 Nov 05

i have already tried that, it doesnt say anything about service pack?????

Mitul123 18:08 18 Nov 05

any ideas??

VoG II 18:08 18 Nov 05

In which case there is no Service Pack installed.

If it is a legitimate copy of Office you should install SP 1a.

Mitul123 18:09 18 Nov 05

oh ok thanks very much

ade.h 18:10 18 Nov 05

You don't need to know what spec of Office 2000 you use. Because all the versions are very customisable when they are installed (individual components can be left out by the user) the Service Release will use your two Office CDs (or one CD if you have a more basic version) to configure itself during the installation of the update.

Bear in mind that there are two ways of downloading it; one involves a minimal initial download followed by a configuration download during the installation process and the other is a full download.

ade.h 18:14 18 Nov 05

You've probably seen all the relevant pages already but just in case you missed one:

click here for the "check for updates" screen

click here for the list of Office 2000 updates to pick and choose

click here for the Knowledge Base article.

Don't forget to add SP3 afterwards.

ade.h 18:16 18 Nov 05

I've found the link for the full version (as opposed to the installer version)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…