Office 2000 Service Packs

twitcher 13:43 19 Jul 03

I recently purchased a new computer and, as the result, have had to reinstall MS Office 2000 Pro. Trouble is I'm going to have to download again all the service packs, which will take hours.

Does anybody know if there are any CD ROMs available of the various SPs? If not could anybody recommend a reliable download manager which is free of spyware?

hugh-265156 13:44 19 Jul 03

this is very good and free from adware.click here

twitcher 14:02 20 Jul 03

Thanks. Downloaded "Star Downloader", managed to install o2ksr1a.exe, double clicked it to download the main program, my connection failed after 20 minutes (typical Tiscali). Tried to resume the download but couldn't, had to start again. Same thing happened. Read the instructions, tried again today. After an hour and a half the connection dropped again, tried to resume the download but it refused yet again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Microbe 14:40 20 Jul 03

You can download the whole of SP1 from the Microsoft site, although it runs to about 40Mb. click here

It is there for IT administrators to install over networks, but you could archive in onto a CDR and install from there.

Also remember that Microsoft recommend installation of the current version of Installer prior to installing SP1

twitcher 16:23 20 Jul 03

Thanks, but it was the Microsoft site that I was downloading from. I tried to do it via the downloader so that if my connection failed half way through the download, (as it did) I wouldn't have to start again. However, it didn't work.

Any ideas?

Jester2K II 16:29 20 Jul 03

Are you using the Stardownloader to resume the download??

Try Fresh Download click here to start the download then if your connection drops it should pick where it left off.

Jester2K II 16:32 20 Jul 03

click here

should link to the full 52Mb download.

Once you have downloaded this beast you can then just double click it to install.

Stardownloader or Fresh Download will download this and resume when your connection drops without any problems.

twitcher 21:53 20 Jul 03

Many thanks Jester2K II. I installed Fresh Download and downloaded and installed SP1a successfully.

Jester2K II 22:06 20 Jul 03

Can you tick as Resolved please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…