Office 2000 Service Pack 3

Simley 16:09 03 Jan 04

I've just downloaded the above update but it has failed to install. I've checked that I've already got SR1a installed okay, and my machine uses Windows XP. The Microsoft site isn't particularly helpful when installation fails. It suggests downloading again and reinstalling, which I've tried and it still fails. Has anyone else experienced this similar problem?

LeadingMNMs 16:12 03 Jan 04

I have experienced the problem as well. When i try to download now it says already downloaded, and just starts install, but fails everytime. I wasn't sure if it was preventing it because I have already used that copy of office on another computer and downloaded and installed all updates.

jim1947 16:14 03 Jan 04

Is your Anti Virus disabled when installing?

Simley 16:20 03 Jan 04

I've just disabled the anti-virus software and tried to install again, but it's failed once more.

Bestselling Author 13:04 19 Jan 04

Keep retrying. I eventually managed to get this to work after about a week of trying every day. I can't be sure whether an Windows update that occured during that time helped or not, but I've now managed to get Service Pack 3 installed okay. Perseverance is the key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…