Office 2000 repair

slowhand_1000 16:47 18 Jun 03

Using W98se

I have just come to open Outlook 2000 and the program is hanging at the splash screen no error messages appear. Nothing else is affected while this is happening. The program had been running all morning, I switched off the pc and on restarting it later it Outlook just hangs.

I have had a look at Microsoft knowledge base but can't see anything that might help.

Does anyone know if I use the Office 2000 cd to 'Repair errors in Office installation'. Will this erase all current data or just replace any corrupted files.

cheers

slowhand

VoG® 16:50 18 Jun 03

It just repairs corrupted files. It will not touch your documents, templates, settings etc.

Jester2K II 16:53 18 Jun 03

If you have anti virus installed try switching it off and then opening Outlook.

Some AV software (AVG inc) will scan all your mail each time you open Outlook and if you have a lot (or have deleted a lot of mail without compacted the folders) then it can hang Outlook.

recap 16:53 18 Jun 03

Office will not help in this case slowhand_1000, you will need to use the Operating disc repair feature. If it does repair Outlook all previous settings should remain the same.

Jester2K II 16:55 18 Jun 03

Surely it depends if this is Outlook, part of the Office suite or Outlook Express, part of Internet Explorer and therefore Windows?

In this case the fact that it is Outlook 2000 says the Office CD should fix it.

slowhand_1000 17:12 18 Jun 03

but no joy

VoG®.
I have run the repair but it is still hanging

Jester2K II.
Have also tried switching off NAV but to no avail

Cheers

VoG® 17:17 18 Jun 03

Try this click here

recap 17:17 18 Jun 03

yes you are correct my mistake, I always get mixed up between the two O & OE.

Sorry for any confusion it may have caused you slowhand_1000.

slowhand_1000 17:37 18 Jun 03

Nice one VoG®. That link in MS support did the trick. Don't know where you found it, but I must have been asking the wrong question.

Thanks again

slowhand

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…