Office 2000 problem

Munter 20:46 24 Mar 03

I have a laptop with Windows 2000 installed. I have had MS Office 2000 installed on my laptop for the past 4 months without any problems. After copying an Access file from my PC to my laptop via a LAN connection none of the applications within Office work correctly. The Access file was created on my own PC which is virus free. Regardless of whether i start Word, Excel, Access the programs load correctly but without prompt close within seconds of completely loading. I have removed Office 2000 and reinstalled but this has not solved the problem.

Can anybody help?

MAJ 20:58 24 Mar 03

See if this applies to your installation, Munter. click here

Munter 21:05 24 Mar 03

Sounds possible. Only thing is i havent downloaded any updates. Though the symptons are the same.

Munter 15:31 25 Mar 03

The problem was caused by a new installation of Project 2000. Removed Office and Project, reinstalled Office, all applications now work perfectly.

speedking 15:40 25 Mar 03

MS Office is a rip off. I bought Star Office 6.0 from Sun Microsystems, its just as good, supports office files, and only cost £30.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…