Office 2000 Pro update preventing Win docs opening

BibleGuru 12:23 10 Jan 04

I've just downloaded some service packs and various security patches for Office 2000 Pro from the Microsoft update site, and now I can't open Word Excel or Powerpoint documents. Instead, an error report is generated and sent to Microsoft.

I have noticed that when the Word app is opened and I then try to open a file, that a message appears in the bottom left hand corner of the screen which say "requesting virus scan..."

Anyone had this experience or know how to fix it?

VoG II 12:38 10 Jan 04

Got Norton? click here

BibleGuru 22:13 10 Jan 04

Thanks vog, but my Word, Excel and Powerpoint wont open at all...speed is not the problem I'm having!

Still need help with this one.

I think I might have to use Rollback and remove those updates and patches!!

VoG II 09:45 11 Jan 04

Have you tried Help/Detect and Repair in one of the Office programs?

BibleGuru 14:36 12 Jan 04

I've come up with a temporary solution!

I used System Restore to the point before I downloaded the Office 2000 update Service Pack and Patches, and everything is back to normal re Office apps opening.

I would still love to know what the anomaly is in the Office 2000 SP1 that causes the Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents not to open.

Here's hoping that someone will find a solution!

Jester2K 14:43 12 Jan 04

Whats your anti virus?

BibleGuru 14:16 13 Jan 04

Norton 2003

doom-tube 14:30 13 Jan 04

Sounds to me like you've possibly got a copy of Office 2000 whose CD Key begins with GC6J3 GTQ62...

It's a pirated copy of Office 2000 and will not work after Service Pack 1 is installed. Rather like Windows XP pirated copies were banned from Windows Update when SP1 was released for that O/S. The service packs look for known keys and, in Office, errors seem to be created. You may also notice certain files may open as normal, then close after 10secs or so. By design.

I do not wish to offend as you may have a genuine Office 2000 installation, just saying that it's a possibility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…