Office 2000 pop up window

fazza8 12:59 22 Feb 04

Out of the blue I keep getting a window appearing prompting me to install a feature from Office 2000 and asking me to insert the disk.
I used to use Office 2000 but I'm on Office XP now.

How can I stop this happening?

Eric10 13:16 22 Feb 04

Reinstall Office XP, choose the Custom Install and then 'Run all from my computer'. This will add all Office programs to your hard drive. If there are any parts that you specifically don't want then you can select them individually and choose the 'Not available' option for them.

fazza8 17:09 22 Feb 04

I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything but to no effect. It starts everytime I try to run Outlook for example.

fazza8 17:14 22 Feb 04

Word, Excel and Access start without problem but Outlook produces the pop up every time.

Eric10 18:22 22 Feb 04

Have you put in the Office CD when it asks for it? This usually occurs when parts of Office are installed with the 'Run on first use' option. If all else fails and you have hard drive space to spare you can copy the Office CD into a folder and install it from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…