Office 2000 loading problem

R.C.M. 12:30 25 Mar 06

When I try to install office 2000 on my computer after upgrading from XP home [SP1] too XP home [SP2]it will not download. The computer sets itself up until it gets to installing then I get an error message - Error 1919, error configuring ODBC data source: MS access data base - odbc not found.

The program worked fine in SP1

Anyone know how to sort this out. I have tried Microsoft Support Centre but their advice looks too complicated for me - they suggest working with the registry, but only with care. As I'm not confident enough I thought I would ask if anyone has a less complicated solution.

Many thanks.

Marsh Warden © ™ 12:42 25 Mar 06

click here and download the latest version of MDAC, follow the instructions and it should resolve your problem.

R.C.M. 13:40 25 Mar 06

tried your download, switched off the computer, restarted and tried to install office 20000 I received the same error message - error 1919, no OBC found.

Marsh Warden © ™ 13:49 25 Mar 06

click here and follow the instructions.

Fellsider 15:42 25 Mar 06

If it worked OK in SP1, and you are trying to reload it in SP2 you presumably uninstalled it before SP2 - why?

Office 2000 works perfectly OK on my machine both before and after installing SP2.

R.C.M. 18:25 26 Mar 06

Hi Marsh Warden & Fellsider - sorry for not replying sooner, I had a crash and I had to do a complete reinstall. This time I loaded my office 2000 before I loaded SP2. The office program loaded without any problems. The only issue I seem to have is a warning to clean my registry can you recommend a decent program that will do me. Thanks once again for your help.

VoG II 18:30 26 Mar 06

RegscrubXP click here

R.C.M. 18:55 26 Mar 06

Hi VoG that program has done the trick - many thanks for your time and effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…