Office 2000 Install problems

rawprawn 13:05 27 Nov 05

My friends Mesh comptuer crashed completely (Nearly 3 years old No access to drives) They sent a mechanic and it is up and running again (with a few faults) but he lost all his installed programs. We have been trying to install Office but get this message "Set up failed to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine" Any ideas he had office installed before the crash.

Also does anyone know what this warning is on boot at Desktop Failed to load C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ Startup\Current.vbs I have stopped the warning box appearing bu unticking it in msconfig. Any comments welcome

VoG II 13:37 27 Nov 05

Are you trying to install an upgrade version? click here

rawprawn 13:46 27 Nov 05

Thanks for that, I will check later when I go back. I think it must be but I had installed MS Works first expecting it to load OK as it was OK before the crash. From your link it looks as though we might have to contact MS Support.

rawprawn 15:08 27 Nov 05

Problem solved, he had another version of MS Works so I installed that and then MS Office. Thanks for the pointer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…