office 2000

hijo 13:41 04 Dec 06

ive been given office 2000 original in a couple of disc's is it any good & can i still get the updates...as ive got office 03 pro..whats it like compaired to the pro version or shall i just get rid of it

The Brigadier 14:07 04 Dec 06

I still use it and if you search the net you can still get updates.

skeletal 14:21 04 Dec 06

Not suite sure what you mean: “I’ve got Office pro 03”; “I’ve been give Office 200 original”.

If you already have Office 03, why do you want to install Office 2000?

You may have a few difficulties because you are trying to install an earlier version over a more recent version. I have both on my current computer but I installed in version order (i.e. 2000 before 2003). Even so I have a few niggles.

If you mean you have Office 2003 Standard, but the 2000 version is pro, then it means they are comprised of different packages e.g. with pro you should have Access, but Standard won’t (IIRC). Microsoft has made all the types confusing over the years so it would be worth a read through the info at Microsoft to see which types have what. In this case, you can install just the parts of the package you don’t have; you don’t have to install everything. To do this you need to go into “custom install” to sort it out.

Skeletal

hijo 04:00 05 Dec 06

sorry m8 i did forget to add my office pro is a copy & not original & i belive in being honest but i needed WORD for my wiife & had to resort in getting a copy of pro....
H

skeletal 18:44 05 Dec 06

Ah! Well, there are a few things I prefer about Office 2003 e.g. the Task Pane, but the base functionality has not changed much so unless you are a mega power user, you should be able to do most things.

What you must do though is get all the updates. It’s been a while since I played with 2000, but IIRC you need to update to SP3. Check out the uSoft downloads site.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now