Oem Windows xp Home Edition

Antwon221 17:00 04 Jun 06

I have just bought a laptop off a friend that has windows 2000 installed. I wish to install windows xp (not an upgrade install) I would like to know if this will work on the laptop because it is oem click here
thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 17:02 04 Jun 06

It should install ok but I've no idea if it is one that you are allowed to install on the laptop.

T0SH 17:03 04 Jun 06

The windows XP CD has a compatibility wizard use this to test your laptop for potential problems before you try to install XP

Cheers HC

Antwon221 17:04 04 Jun 06

i no that the laptop has the correct system requirments to run windows xp, im juts wondering if will work because its oem

kjrider 17:12 04 Jun 06

It all depends if MS will accept it for registration. Installing it won't giveyou any problems.

If you are worried, and the laptop has a big enough HD, say 20Gb, you could install XP as well, leaving 2000 on it.

Diodorus Siculus 17:12 04 Jun 06

As I say it will install ok but it may not be legitimate to do that. OEM software from MS needs to go onto new hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…