OEM vs RP Athlon CPU

joshbear 23:05 18 Apr 03

I'm thinking of buying a 2600+ Athlon from Dabs but notice they do both OEM & RP. Whilst I know OEM does not have heatsink and fan but does it have the same maufacturers warranty?

Sebby 23:12 18 Apr 03

As far as I'm aware, the only difference is that the retail package comes with a heatsink - warranty is the same.

Sebby

goonerbill 23:52 18 Apr 03

as sebby said and you guessed, oem is cpu only and rp comes with h/sink & fan. both will have the same warranty i believe but that is down to what h/sink & fan you use with the oem chip.

If you plump for the OEM version, then have you tried Komplett? click here
£125.43 Incl VAT compared to Dabs at eitehr £160.97 or £144.00 depending on which you go for?

And yes... warranty is the same!

joshbear 23:06 19 Apr 03

Many thanks to all. So that's the CPU sorted....!!! Now on to the motherboard.....!

DAICAP 23:15 19 Apr 03

The boxed version c/w heatsink and fan has a 3 year warranty, yhe oem version only has a 1 year warranty. If check the dabs.com website under product specification you will see this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…