OEM versions of McAfee - any conditions ?

keewaa 14:45 08 Mar 06

I've found OEM versions of McAfee internet security 2006 alot cheaper than retail versions.

Are these just the same as retail versions without any packaging, or are there conditions of use attached to these .... in other words can I buy these 'OEM' versions instead of the standard retail and install them on my PC ? I know you used to be able to buy a £1 network cable along with it and that was enough, but with XP licencing changes I wondered if the same was still true for other products?

£9.87 click here

£9.40 click here

Diodorus Siculus 15:20 08 Mar 06

I don't know the EULA arrangements for McAfee but wouldn't consider using it anyway. Why not stay with the free options that are available.

keewaa 19:26 08 Mar 06

At £9 it would be great value as inclusive security package. What would you recommend as good free parental control and spam packages ?

Diodorus Siculus 19:38 08 Mar 06

Anti Spam: Mailwasher

Parental control - I don't believe a good one exists but I've seen the following recommended: Home Edition
click here

Maybe at £9 though it will be good to get an integrated package. That way if there is a problem it will be easy to know the cause :-)

Strawballs 20:22 08 Mar 06

OEM versions are only for 6 months

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5