OEM Restore disks....

Gaz 25 20:03 15 Jul 03

How can you create one? You would have to install Acontis True Image? or Norton Ghost?

To at lest create one for that model? But what if someone didnt want a cd-rw?

Any ideas are welcome.

Regards,
Gareth

Gaz 25 20:13 15 Jul 03

Any ideas?

MichelleC 20:14 15 Jul 03

What did you want to do, to be able to revert to earlier point or be able to restore to factory settings?

Gaz 25 20:17 15 Jul 03

When I build a PC and sell I want a restore disk instead of people having to reinstall all the drivers, etc and if they dont know how to get stuck.

So I need a factory reset disk.

MichelleC 20:19 15 Jul 03

I think you have to link the restore disc to a hidden partition on the hd, so if things go wrong the booting from restore disc links to partition and it reverts to factory settings.

Gaz 25 20:21 15 Jul 03

But how do you do it the easy way?

snoresloudly 20:25 15 Jul 03

lots of implications here regarding licensing etc, I would suggest that you contact the mighty MS re selling what is in effect their product. I personally think that you may be getting over your head with regards to this without EXPERT advice. Not sure on the legality's etc but maybe you would get better advice from the "ones who know" on Consumerwatch. Good luck on your new venture!!

Gaz 25 20:27 15 Jul 03

Ok this post will be moved over to Consumer watch.

Gaz 25 20:30 15 Jul 03
  Gaz 25 20:35 15 Jul 03

No one is in Consumer watch.

snoresloudly 20:37 15 Jul 03

wait and watch, the real bods lurk in there!!!!!

Patience is a virtue!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…