OEM DVD WRITERS DOUBLE LAYER

micemews 17:59 28 Jan 05

I am starting to buld a pc for the first time and have no prevous experience. I want to buy a NEC or LG internal double layer DVD writer. However these items seem to be OEM only. Does anyone know if Retail boxes of these are available and if so,where?

If not, what items would I need to buy to get an OEM version up and running properly and where could I buy these?

grumpano 18:07 28 Jan 05

The oem does not have manuals and cables. No manual is needed, and the cables cost next to nothing from any pc shop. I have an NEC 3500 a, and it is exellent. Got it oem from Ebyer for about £46.

rawprawn 18:10 28 Jan 05

I am not really sure what you mean but I have recently bought a Pioneer double layer DVDRW from here and fitted it with no problems. I can recommend the company.

rawprawn 18:10 28 Jan 05

click here sorry forgot the link

goonerbill © ® 18:11 28 Jan 05

nec 3500 is great. only problem is not being able to burn at 16x due to no 16x dvd blanks.

Noelg23 18:16 28 Jan 05

some OEMs come with driver/software CDs but not all of them do...so its just hit and miss really...but good luck in your first build...I remember mine...it was about 5yrs ago...ahh those were the days...

Eric10 18:17 28 Jan 05

CCL Computers based in Bradford have a selection of Retail and OEM drives and do mail order. click here

ACOLYTE 18:17 28 Jan 05

The only difference with OEM is you get no Tech support no cables,somtimes a manual not always just the drive and maybe a driver cd depends what product you buy and a plain box.The product quality is just the same as the retail,and you get it cheaper.You will need to buy DVD copy sofware and DVD player software seperatly.You still have the same rights with OEM software/hardware as any other retail software/Hardware.

grumpano 18:22 28 Jan 05

No driver needed for a Dvd writer. Just Nero or another copying program.

jimbiggut 18:23 28 Jan 05

i recently purchased nec 3500 dvd from computer fair in manhester cost £40 (oem) no concerns as full support from retaler (12 mths warranty and updates/firmware available from manu's website). I had already purchased nec 1300 dvd last year, again oem and never had a minutes trouble. had to update the firmware once so i could use phoenix dvd's (currently around £19 for 100 and these are now 8 speed discs).oem is just the same without the fancy box/software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…