OE6 Stopping Incoming Attachments

beaky 23:07 28 Feb 03

In the last few days the following message has been appearing in yellow on the top of all incoming emails that contain attachments: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment in your email............. (names Attachment)
OE6 is running under Win XP. No changes recently. I even sent myself an attachment which was also blocked. I run Norton AV updated automatically daily and have changed none of my OE settings. What's going on?

MAJ 23:11 28 Feb 03

In OE, Go to Tools > Options > Security tab and untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened...etc".

TonyV 20:09 11 Jan 04

I have today just realised that my OE6 has stopped allowing me access to attachments. So did a check on PSA and found this answer. I would be interested to know why my security settings have been changed. Is it because Mr Microsoft, in his infinite wisdom, dictates that we ought really to update our operating systems so that he can then dictate what we can and cannot receive on our machines? It was last week that I ran the Windows Update facility and put in a number of updates, bothe critical and security. It is the likes of these Forums, PDA et al, that make life a lot easier for us mere mortals to correct problems that are put in to our machines under the guise of an update!

VoG II 20:11 11 Jan 04

It is because of an update. With good intentions from Microsoft but a bit over the top IMHO.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…