OE6 & sending photos

Daiol 09:03 09 Feb 09

Hi,My son has been having some difficulty with his oe6,he can send text emails okay but when he tries to send an email with a photo atatched it wont work he gets an error box popping up.Stating.
A TCP/IP error occured while trying to send data to the server.Subject 'test',Account pop.orangehome.co.uk',server 'smtp.orangehome.co.uk',protocol:SMTP,Port 25,Secure (SSL):No,Error Number : 0x800CCC13.
He's using windows xp pro.can someone please assist me & him.Please.

Daiol 09:23 09 Feb 09

Hi I forgot to say that he can recveive photos okay but cant send tham.sorry.daiol

Terry Brown 09:53 09 Feb 09

Is the size of the email he can send limited by Orange; i.e the size of the photo & any message is larger than Orange will allow.
Contact Orange to find out their limit.

Try using a web mail, like googlemail or Yahoo to send, and see what happens.
Terry

peter99co 10:50 09 Feb 09

click here

This forum

Daiol 12:16 09 Feb 09

Hi,Thankyou all.But i think we found the problem.He's using pc tools antivirus and under the email guard section > message tagging we unticked the two boxes MARK OUTGOING (SMTP),MARK INCOMMING (POP3).MESSAGES WITH DETECTION RESULT.After we unticked them everything was okay and further looking into the antivirus the emails are still scaned in & out.so maybe prob solved will keep you up to speed.Thanks once again.Daiol.

peter99co 13:09 09 Feb 09

Have you considered updating to IE7?

Daiol 13:13 09 Feb 09

Yes Done it.thanks

Terry Brown 15:04 09 Feb 09

Thank you for letting us know the results.
Some users post a query,but never lt us know if was fixed or not.
Your reply on how you fixed it may help someone else.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…