OE6 not sending "unsafe" attachments!

TonyV 19:37 21 Mar 08

I tried to send three web pages from my favourites folder. They were all to do with Fire Retardant Paints. They attached to the memo fine, but when I sent it off the message came up that OE had stopped the sending of unsafe attachments. How do I get over this when the pages open in the web system fine and they are from bona fide sites?

Thanks

TonyV

TonyV 19:41 21 Mar 08

In fact the actual message is "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: http--etc........." which is the address of what I am trying to send.

TonyV

AlanHo 21:10 21 Mar 08

Try copying the URL's from the address window in IE6 and paste them into the body of the Email rather than attaching them.

Clapton is God 21:29 21 Mar 08

In OE go to Tool; Security.

Ensure that 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus' is NOT ticked.

TonyV 21:34 21 Mar 08

Thanks, both ways worked fine. It was easier to change the settings as per Clapton is God's suggestion since I could take the details straight from the Favourites folder.

Will close out now.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…