OE6 attachment photo file

maddos 20:45 05 Oct 06

when I send a photo as an attachment file,it also shows in the main part of the message. I,m
flummoxed. Any help appreciated.

Jak_1 20:50 05 Oct 06

View > Layout untick preview pane.

maddos 21:02 05 Oct 06

thanks,preview pane is not ticked.

VoG II 21:03 05 Oct 06

Please describe how you are adding the photo as an attachment.

maddos 21:11 05 Oct 06

Sorry I should have said" preview pane was not ticked" so that was not the problem. Also it only seems to happen when the attachment file is a picture. Thanks

maddos 21:46 05 Oct 06

select "insert">file attachment(its the only option highlighted) then select photo, and attach.
This problem seems to only happen when attaching a photo.
Many thanks

VoG II 21:54 05 Oct 06

Try clicking the attachment button (paperclip) instead. Insert does what it says on the tin - it inserts a photo.

maddos 11:31 06 Oct 06

Thanks VoG™, tried that-NO JOY. It's very puzzling, when I attach a doc or pdf file, I get no problem.

britto 14:47 06 Oct 06

tried different ways to overcome this a while ago and the only worked by putting the pics in a folder compress it and send that zipped folder as an attachment.

maddos 20:15 06 Oct 06

britto. Zipping the file,and sending it as an attachment did work. thank you. However I am not very happy having to do that every time. I am sure ther must be a simpler and easier way to fix the problem. I feel I am just too thick to fathom it out. Any body out there got any ideas.
As they say "All donations gratefully accepted"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…