OE6 Additional e-mail address in contacts address

tonytba 22:35 26 Jan 04

in OE6 (and earlier versions) it is possible to record additional e-mail addresses against a contact with one of them being shown as default.

To send a mail to this contact I double click the contact but I always get the default e-mail address. How do I persuade OE to use one of the additional e-mail addresses?

hugh-265156 23:15 26 Jan 04

i just usually right click the contact in my address book and select "action/send mail"

try clicking "tools/options/send" tick "automatically complete e-mail addresses when composing"

if you start typing in the address it should auto complete it for you now.

LastChip 23:39 26 Jan 04

but with certain parameters.

The persons name (eg. the name you use to send) must be identical for all the addresses. This means, you must setup a "New Contact".

So for example if you had three addresses for Fred Blogs, you would have to create three seperate New Contact pages for Fred! You would make each individual pages e-mail - Default. You cannot use the same page to achieve your objective.

Now when you send an e-mail to Fred, OE will ask you which address you want to use (as they are all defaults).

If you simply add addresses to one contact page, OE will always send via the default address and as far as I know, you cannot alter this.

tonytba 12:31 27 Jan 04

Thanks for the reply. It is an interesting variation setting up two separate contacts with the same name. It works fine.

But...it still begs the question what is the purpose of the facility of adding aditional e-mail addresses to a contact and how can these be used. (or is this just another quirk of Microsoft?)

Any further ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…