//some 3rd party need geo

OE: Why does mail go to my "Junk" box?

AllZwell 16:08 23 Jun 06

Hello,

When I receive email in outlook express, the mail always goes into my junk mail box for some reason, even though I have an Inbox, which does receive mail but only MSN and related. also, Links don't work in Junk folders when I click them, I have to move the m to my "inbox "

TIA:)

AW

DieSse 16:23 23 Jun 06

You need to check the settings for the Junk filter - perhaps you'0ve got them set too high.

A Junk folder is not standard in Outlook Express - is this the Junk Mail folder belonging to your Hotmail account? - If so then you need to look at the settings there.

Or perhaps you have an Anti-Spam prrogram, which is filtering too aggressively?

johndrew 16:43 23 Jun 06

Have a look at OE `Tools>Message Rules>Mail` and see if there is a rule that puts your received mail in your junk mail. If so either edit it to your inbox or delete it.

johndrew 16:49 23 Jun 06

You could also check `Message>Create Rule From Message` and see if this is entered with anything that junks your mail. Again if it is amend it.

AllZwell 17:54 23 Jun 06

Thanks for replies, but can't find "message rules" on the tool list - only "rules and alerts". When I set uo an hotmail account Diesee - junk mail box was there.

johndrew 10:35 24 Jun 06

I thought `Message Rules` and `Create Rule From Message` was part of the basic OE package. Perhaps those more knowledgeable than me will confirm or correct me.

I assume you are using XP and OE 6.0, not that it should be any different in 5.0 I would have thought.

The only other thing I can think of is that somehow the setting of a hotmail account has in some way modified OE but if this were the case it would be well known given the number of people that use hotmail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…