OE wants me to redial existing connection

palinka 14:43 07 Sep 03

A minor but irritating problem.
I run WXP and my isp is freeserve.
After I've sent & received mail, if I stay on-line while I write another email and then click "send" I frequently see a dialogue box that says "A dial-up networking connection is already established to Freeserve." It offers 2 buttons: Try to locate the server on the current connection; or (and this is button is ticked by default) Hang up and dial Freeserve. There is a final tick box "Don't warn me about this".
As Freeserve is my only ISP this is very irritating. It doesn't happen on my other computer on which I access the same ISp account on the same phone line. I've probably ticked/not ticked something somewhere, but don't know what. Any suggestions?

krypt1c 15:56 07 Sep 03

Although you don't have another ISP, have you ever had one ? Are you trying to send using an old ISP email address ? You normally can't send other than from the ISP you are logged onto. If you are using an email account from a previous ISP you can still send when on with freeserve by changing the SMTP to be the freeserve one ie smtp.freeserve.net

Megatyte 16:01 07 Sep 03

In OE click Tools - Accounts. Select your mail account and click Properties. Under the 'Connection' tab take the tick out of 'Always connect to this account using'.

AH

palinka 18:04 07 Sep 03

thank you both; Megatyte solved it. Thank you Megatyte.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…