OE toolbar problem

palinka 10:50 12 Aug 04

Minor OE niggle : the file, edit, view, tools, etc toolbar used always to appear above the icons for cut, copy, paste, etc, etc. They are still in the original position in Inbox, but in create Mail, Forward & Reply they now appear on the right as part of the cut, paste, etc. line. How can I restore the original layout ? (OS is Windows ME)

Smegs 11:03 12 Aug 04

On Xp, there is a dotted line by the word file, if you put your cursor on this line, and keep pressed the left mouse button, you will be able to move that line. Same go's for the other line.

Djohn 11:12 12 Aug 04

Where they start to show on the right of "Help" on the tool bar you will see a fine vertical line. Move your cursor over this line until it changes to a double headed arrow then left click, hold and drag your tool bar back to the top.

Your "File/Edit/View etc. will now be back on top again. j.

Djohn 11:15 12 Aug 04

I posted without seeing your reply. I must remember to refresh the page before posting :o(

Smegs 11:18 12 Aug 04

Morning.

Always better to have a couple of responses.

palinka 17:26 12 Aug 04

thanks Djohn & Smegs. I knew there was a simple method and I'd already tried dragging as Djohn suggested and only succeeded in making all the icons invisible. But dragging left and upwards has done the trick.
Thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…