OE strange question

suzie005 14:05 23 Feb 03

had problems with OE.was opening but not responding.had to ctrl/alt/delete 6 x before it would close.i removed and re-downloaded it ( 5.5) and it was fine the first time i used it.now we're back to square one and i have experienced problems with IE freezing.am using opera to do this.can anybody suggest wot i can do?

JoeC 14:28 23 Feb 03

for OE errors / tips etc..

click here

JoeC 14:31 23 Feb 03

click here

for Microsoft help.

suzie005 14:33 23 Feb 03

i've looked and i can't c anything that applies to me.also i'm not too keen about having to play with the registry

suzie005 14:47 23 Feb 03

sorry i didn't c the last posting.the last link only applies if i want to upgrade to IE6.dial up doesn't apply to me cos i'm on BB

JoeC 14:50 23 Feb 03

If you have Win98 you can try a repair of IE/OE by going to Add / Remove programmes, select IE and click remove. This should give you the option to repair or remove IE. You can also try running system file checker to check for damaged or corrupt files etc. Put your Win CD in the tray then go Start > Run > and type in the letters sfc to start the system file checker. Various help suggestions depend on which operating system you are using so post back if it is not Win 98 ! : }

suzie005 14:55 23 Feb 03

sorry should've said i have ME. not sure where i would find the info on the recovery disc for IE.can i just download IE 5.5 over wot's there already and it b ok? sorry for the confusion

JoeC 15:03 23 Feb 03

opinion, I would download IE6 .If you want to re-download IE5.5, disable your antivirus software when you do as it can cause corrupt files. Once downloaded, re-enable it. There are many ways to sort the problem - for example, reinstalling your OS over the top or downloading IE5.5 (or IE6 ). Sometimes though, a trip into the registry cannot be avoided. It sounds terrifying ( and is,if it is your first time ), but as long as you backup the registry first you should have no problem.

suzie005 15:06 23 Feb 03

problem is evesham and nthell don't support IE6 on this.

JoeC 15:15 23 Feb 03

Try downloading IE5.5 again, but this time disable your antivirus first. See if it helps you.Please remember to re-enable it once done though. : }

suzie005 15:17 23 Feb 03

weird thing is i clicked on an email addy and it sends mail.cheers will do that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…