OE and Secondary E-mail Account

tankerman 10:17 08 Feb 03

I am using BT Openworld Anytime with a 64K ISDN connection. Got a secondary e-mail account that the missus uses with Outlook Express 6.0 whilst I access the primary account with MS Outlook. Problem is that I suspect a large attachment has been sent to the secondary account 'cos it's taking an eternity to download. I have adjusted the server timeout for the account properties to max (5 minutes) but the message is still downloading. Ideally I would like to access the offending message online and delete it directly from the server to free-up the e-mails but can only access the primary account messages from the website. Tried to get a result from BT but they are not answering e-mails or phone calls ........ anyone out there any suggestions on how to get rid of whatever it is that is causing the problem?

tankerman

MartinT-B 11:48 08 Feb 03

I use BTconnect, but the set=up is the same I think.

There is a webmail facility

I assume you have BTopenworld as your homepage - if not go there

There should be a login link - Enter your main user name and password

Look for a link to webmail (it's ususally on the top row) or search for it

a new window should open

Enter your wife's email address and the password the BT supplied for the 2nd account

You should be able to see who the email is from and the size.

You can try and look at it on-line, or you can delete it on-line if you don't recognise the sender.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…