//some 3rd party need geo

OE-removing "Provided by...etc" from heading

telkell 17:38 01 Apr 04

I know this has cropped up often, but I can never find it when I need it. Can anyone help?

Stuartli 17:41 01 Apr 04

First close down Internet Explorer then click Start and Run. In the Open dialog box type:

rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear

(note the space after .exe and comma
before Clear)

and click OK. Probably best to cut and paste the line.

After restarting Internet Explorer the annoying ISP branding should disappear.

Alternatively, if you have SpywareBlaster, you can achieve the same object by going to the OE Misc tab and inserting the words you would rather see such as your name.

Stuartli 17:44 01 Apr 04

..then you can do it, but removing the Title bar branding from Outlook Express involves editing the Registry, so take whatever backup precautions you deem necessary before you start.

Then click Start, Run, type Regedit and hit Enter. Open in turn the following Registry folders: Hkey_Current_User, Identities, {id-number}, Software, Microsoft, Outlook Express. Select the folder 5.0 (or whatever version of Outlook Express you are running), then look in the righthand pane for a value named WindowTitle.

You can modify the text held in this value (double-click to edit it) or just delete it. If more than one id-number appears in your Registry, you may need to repeat the exercise for each one.

telkell 17:59 01 Apr 04

It was Outlook Express I meant, and I am sure you are right, but that looks a bit scary to me. I tend to avoid things like that! But many thanks for your prompt reply. telkel

telkell 20:29 01 Apr 04

By the way, Stuartli,where do we get the id number you refetr to after 'identities' ?

VoG II 20:35 01 Apr 04

It is whatever your ID is! Mine is:

{B9720E00-DA43-11D3-99A9-80378F1A2B3E}

beeuuem 20:43 01 Apr 04

You could try the unbrander from click here

telkell 21:59 01 Apr 04

Thanks, beeuuem, that was rapid magic!
(though I had qualms about the risk) -- but it was simple and instant! Thanks again.
telkel

beeuuem 22:10 01 Apr 04

It has to be simple for me to use it. Glad it worked

cdb 22:16 01 Apr 04

How do you save those registry changes?

VoG II 22:18 01 Apr 04

Close (X) regedit and it saves the changes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…