OE removing access to unsafe attachment

mern 17:28 03 Aug 04

Whenever I receive an e-mail (even a test one sent by myself to myself) it contains the message that OE has removed access to an unsafe attachment nothwithstanding that there is no attachment. I receive a notation such as ATT00037 HTM. When I go back to the e-mail the number has changed. Virus scans show a clean computer and the message appears on all e-mails whereever from. Any ideas as to what it might be. Mern

VoG II 17:29 03 Aug 04

Tools/Options, Security tab, Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

VoG II 17:32 03 Aug 04

Also click here

Stuartli 17:53 03 Aug 04

This OE feature is useless as you have found and should be disabled permanently.

Rely on AVG, S and D etc instead.

mern 21:57 03 Aug 04

Thanks for your advice VoG and Stuartli but unfortunately I'm still experiencing the same problem Mern

THE TERMINATOR 01:02 04 Aug 04

After following VoG™'s instructions above, did you click on OK or cancel, if you clicked on the latter, you need to repeat the action and click on OK....TT

palinka 12:23 04 Aug 04

and if there's an "Apply" button available after making the changes, click on it before you click OK.

Stuartli 12:58 04 Aug 04

There is an Apply button in this case. It won't disable the feature if you don't click it first before OKing as palinka points out.

mern 13:39 04 Aug 04

I have done as you have all kindly suggested but am still getting the same wretched result Mern

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…