OE removes access to allegedly unsafe attachments.

Pera 10:28 19 May 05

OE removes access to allegedly unsafe attachments. In most cases these are attachments that I require. Is there any way of limiting this potentially useful service?

Pera

GroupFC 11:07 19 May 05

I don't think that there is a way of limiting it, I think it is all or nothing, as the only option I can see in OE is a tick in the box "do not allow attachments etc...." (OE>tools>options>security).

palinka 11:26 19 May 05

group FC is right, it's all or nothing. But the problem is caused by "nanny" Microsoft who make it look as if it's only certain attachments that are blocked when in reality it's all.
If you want to receive attachments (and we all need to, even if only occasionally)you must untick the box described by groupFC.

Stuartli 11:31 19 May 05

If the "Do not allow attachments to be..." etc box is checked then, as rightly pointed out, OE refuses to allow them to be opened.

It is of little value and should be disabled, again as suggested, as your AV program such as AVG should provide the necessary security.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…