OE removed access to the following unsafe attachme

pepsy 17:32 28 Mar 04

Hi
Whenever I get an e-mail with a document attached I get the above message and I cannot read them.
This happens even though I know the sender and everything should be ok.
I'm on xp pro and ie6

Any help much appreciated

Alex

VoG II 17:35 28 Mar 04

Tools/OPtions, security tab. Untick the box that removes access to attachments

Diodorus Siculus 17:36 28 Mar 04

1. Start Outlook Express.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. Click the Security tab, click to clear the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.

Diodorus Siculus 17:36 28 Mar 04

1. Start Outlook Express.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. Click the Security tab, click to clear the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.
click here

Stuartli 17:50 28 Mar 04

This OE feature is virtually useless, causes confusion as it often blocks perfectly legitimate attachments and should be disabled permanently - best to rely on a proper AV utility.

palinka 17:56 28 Mar 04

Do you use AOL by any chance? If so, note that they too sometimes remove all attachments.
But the more likely solution is what Diodorus Siculus said.

TomG 17:56 28 Mar 04

If you know the sender is safe then open the message then click forward (as if you are going to send the email on) and you will see the attachments and be able to open them (you could save them to disk and virus scan them before opening).

pepsy 18:28 28 Mar 04

Thanks everyone for your prompt help.
I have done as you advised and I have been also able to access the old atachments.

Alex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…