OE - remove Freeserve branding

palinka 17:21 11 Jan 04

I followed this link Freeserve branding of IE6 and successfuly removed the branding . Can anyone advise a way of removing branding from Outlook Express.?

powerless 17:23 11 Jan 04

Click Start, Run, Copy and Paste:

rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear

Click OK>

palinka 17:31 11 Jan 04

thanks Powerless, but that only removes the IE badging, not OE.

Stuartli 17:33 11 Jan 04

You can't remove OE - it's integral with IE.

VoG II 17:36 11 Jan 04
  Stuartli 17:39 11 Jan 04

Sorry, thought you wanted to remove OE. Here's a way:

However, removing the Title bar branding from Outlook Express involves editing the Registry, so take whatever backup precautions you deem
necessary before you start.

Then click Start, Run, type Regedit and hit
Enter. Open in turn the following Registry folders: Hkey_Current_User, Identities, {id-number}, Software, Microsoft, Outlook Express.
Select the folder 5.0 (or whatever version of Outlook Express you are running), then
look in the righthand pane for a value named WindowTitle.

You can modify the text held in this value (double-click to edit it) or just delete it.

If more
than one id-number appears in your Registry, you may need to repeat the exercise for each one.

Stuartli 17:41 11 Jan 04

There is also another way, but you need to have SpywareBlaster installed (worth it in any case)

If you go to Tools>Misc IE settings tab, you can then enter whatever you want t see in the top blue bar; I have my name (out of sheer vanity and importance you understand...).

palinka 18:07 11 Jan 04

thanks, everyone. I'll try those suggestions. Won't be immediately as it's a friend who needed this help and it will be a while before I will have chance to sort it. So I'll tick resolved for now.

hugh-265156 18:35 11 Jan 04
  spikeychris 18:39 11 Jan 04

The post from Powerless would of worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…