OE problem receiving mail

toogie 10:33 22 Oct 06

My Father (86 years) is running Win98SE and uses his PC to email using OE. He has a problem whereby OE says receiving 19 emails. Unfortunately no matter how long he leaves his 'dial-up' connection on, for his OE, he is unable to complete receipt. He has given me his log on password to Tiscali to see if I can remedy (I am on a Broadband with a different ISP). As he only uses OE his mail is not in the Tiscali mailbox.
Is it possible for me to clear his "jammed" mails remotely from my PC ?
If not, and I travel to his PC, how do I "unblock" his OE ?
Grateful for any advice !!

TonyM 10:53 22 Oct 06

From your own machine - go the Tiscali webmail site:

click here

Log in using your father's details and you should be able to see any messages that are sitting on the server and delete them.

rawprawn 10:59 22 Oct 06

Set your OE to log on with his user name and password.
For Tiscali use
pop.tiscali.co.uk
SMTP.tiscali.co.uk
You should be able to download his emails.

toogie 11:17 22 Oct 06

rawprawn
How do I do this?
TonyM
There are no emails sitting in his webmail !

rawprawn 11:38 22 Oct 06

Open OE go to Tools/Accounts/Mail Tab/Add/Mail/and follow the wizard using the pop and SMTP settings I gave uou (and of course you fathers username and password)

rawprawn 11:40 22 Oct 06

Make certain he doesn't have more than one email address, if he does you will have to repeat the process for each one.

mobileman1953 12:26 22 Oct 06

its a long shot but this worked for me when i had same problem shut down anti virus program try downloading e mails if they come through like mine did just delete any you dont know who sent them restart anti virus program sometimes if your anti virus program thinks a certain e mail is iffy it wont allow to download this is just a suggestion if you dont feel happy with it do not try it

birdface 17:23 22 Oct 06

Just in case he has more than 1 e-mail address, Try .Start, Set program Access and defaults.Click custom arrow, Make sure Outlook Express has a dot in circle. Then press the Ok Button.Just to double check. Start, Control Panel,Taskbar and start menu.Press start menu at top, Then customise, Make sure e-mail box is ticked, And Outlook Express is on the drop down box.

toogie 20:54 22 Oct 06

All
Things are looking up !! My Father can send emails to me but when I send to him they go as far as his Tiscali 'Messagecentre' but do not reach his OE ???
As he has become comfortable with using OE I would like to correct this problem....any other ideas ?

toogie 21:01 22 Oct 06

One more bit of info. When I looked back into his Tiscali 'Messagecentre' my email to him had gone from his 'In box' ?

rawprawn 22:00 22 Oct 06

Set to move to Spam?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5