OE New Mail missing from Sys Tray

Mr Anderson 20:10 17 Jul 03

Nothing new installed (other than windows updates!) all of a sudden I no longer get the new mail icon in the system tray

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

jazzypop 22:25 17 Jul 03

Sorry to be pedantic, but are you certain you mean Outlook Express? If you meant Outlook, since Outlook 2000 onwards there is an option to disable the 'new mail' notification icon. The thread at click here refers.

My apologies if you are referring to OE - to my knowledge, there is no equivalent switch for OE.

The only other thing that springs to mind is the 'hide inactive icons' option for the system tray (right-click an empty part of the taskbar, choose Properties, to see this option). However, I have not heard of this option affecting the 'new mail' icon before.

jazzypop 22:39 17 Jul 03

Testing

Mr Anderson 22:39 17 Jul 03

Its definatley outlook express and no it isnt the hide inactive icons.
I dont really understand it. As I said the only thing that has changed is two windows updates.

Weird
Oh well never mind
Thanks for your help anyway.

jazzypop 22:41 17 Jul 03

AARgh! It won't let me reply to you!

jazzypop 22:42 17 Jul 03

This is weird - I will start a new thread with one more suggestion for you, titled FAO Mr Anderson

jazzypop 22:44 17 Jul 03

OK - 1 line at a time :(

"Just in case..."

VoG II 22:44 17 Jul 03

It just did!

I kept getting this problem this pm when trying to respond to another thread. Most frustrating.

jazzypop 22:44 17 Jul 03

Right-click an empty part of the taskbar, and select Properties.

jazzypop 22:45 17 Jul 03

Make sure that 'Hide inactive icons' is ticked, then click Customize.

jazzypop 22:45 17 Jul 03

Scroll down to find an entry called 'You have new unopened mail',

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…