OE Group contacts lists not recognised - been changed to MAPI

Grandad99 23:27 PM 23 Oct 12

Trying to e-mail a group of people using a Group list that I've used for several years I've got a message "The Address Book could not locate an e-mail client that it could invoke. The Address Book uses the Simple MAPI protocol to send e-mail. If your e-mail client provides an option to let it handle Simple MAPI calls please turn on the option from the e-mail client and try again."

I've only got a blueyonder address and for mail this is set to POP3 and any available connection.

Who is the e-mail client -if it's me where do I find the option to turn it on?

beeuuem 01:28 AM 24 Oct 12
  lotvic 02:01 AM 24 Oct 12

"MAPI" = Messaging Application Program Interface

"Who is the e-mail client" that would be Outlook Express if that is what you use for your emails.

e-mail client is the program on your pc that you use to send and receive your email.

It sounds as if Outlook Express is not set as your default email client for Address Book to use. Have a look in OE | Tools | Options | General tab, and at the bottom click on 'make default'

And then open Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab, and change the 'Contact List' to Address Book.

Close both programs and then try again, with a bit of luck that should have fixed the association if not then see beeuuem's link about corrupt address book.

(Note: if you have MS Office Outlook installed, then everytime MS updates Office it sets Outlook as the default mail instead of Outlook Express, and then you have to reset OE as default again)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…