OE Express "Compress" option

mattyc_92 13:46 12 Aug 05

Hi, for the last day or so, I keep on getting this (click here) dialog message whenever I exit OE.

I like to compress e-mails every so often myself (as I have some important documents e-mailed to me the other day, and I don't have to time to save them to my AOL space and download whenever I need to use them.)

Can anyone please explain how to stop OE from asking this?

As usual, thanks in advance

recap 13:58 12 Aug 05

Click in the "Don't Show this Message again" unless you already have done, and you keep getting this message?

ade.h 14:00 12 Aug 05

It looks like it might only accept a tick if you click OK (and then compression is kind of out of your hands) but try ticking and then pressing Cancel.

I've had a look at the Maintenance settings and there's nothing that's obviously related to this. The only options for compacting relate to newsgroups.

To be honest, I gave up on Outlook Express ages ago, so I'm a bit rusty on it.

Batch 14:18 12 Aug 05

See under Tools, Options, Maintenance tab and deselect "Compact Messages in Background"

Batch 14:21 12 Aug 05

In fact, maybe you don't have this option selected, hence the dialogue box you are getting.

Compacting doesn't lose anything, it just reorganises the space being used. Think of it as getting rid of unwanted space from deleted emails.

mattyc_92 14:57 12 Aug 05

recap & ade.h - Yes I tried that, but as I am clicking Cancel, it doesn't save that setting

Batch - That option doesn't exist in the Maintanence section (this is what I get click here). I think that option is for OutLook 2003 not OutLook Express.

O well, it isn't a real problem, just annoying...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…