OE denies access to "unsafe" attachments

Bargee 08:27 26 Feb 04

I upgraded my Norton Internet Security to 2004 which in turn forced me to upgrade to OE6 from my reliable OE5 (it refused to install unless I upgraded OE). Since then, I've had nothing but grief!

Now, without giving me the option, OE is refusing me access to what it considers to be "unsafe attachments" & I can find nowhere where I can configure it to give me access to them.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get around it?

Have I had enough of Norton? I'm getting there!

Am I ANGRY!!??? Does the Pope have a balcony?

Cheers (through clenched teeth).

Andsome 08:32 26 Feb 04

Tools/Options/Security. You will see a box marked 'do not allow attachments which could contain a virus to be opened' Untick this box.

Bargee 11:02 26 Feb 04

Thanks for that, Andsome.

How I missed it on my trawl through I'll never know, but then I was wound up somewhat.

Calm down BEFORE you check what could be wrong, be methodical AND take your time!

Simple really, shame I don't do it more often.

Cheers (through very relaxed teeth)

Andsome 16:49 27 Feb 04

Stick with Norton. The Pope does have a balcony

Stuartli 17:16 27 Feb 04

The OE "Do not open attachments etc.." is a waste of time and of little practical use; best kept disabled permanently and to rely on Norton.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…